Tuesday 18 June 2013

Homemade Chocolate – Joy’s Chili Chocolate

2 week ago, I have attended a chocolate making class. I decided to try making chocolate of my own. Before I can start preparing, I need to get all ingredients needed. I went Joo Chiat to buy the chocolate couvertures and trimoline (sugar paste), NTUC to buy whipping cream, chili and tray. Then to hardware shop to buy sieve. 
  
It is not as easy as I thought it would be and I have messed up the kitchen. The chocolate did not turn in the right texture; it is too soft to cut. I have managed to cut some and bring to office and put them into the freezer to harden it so that it is easier to for people to pick up a piece and try. 

Recipe:
150g Whipping Cream
150g Dark Couverture
1 small chili, cut into small pieces (optional)
Cocoa Powder

Direction:
1. Heat up the whipping cream (with the cut chili) until see bubbles
2. Drain away the cut chili
3. Pour in the couverture into the heated whipping cream.
4. Stir till the couverture melt
5. Pour the mixture into the a container layed with clinch film
6. Put container into the refrigerator
7. Next day, cut the chocolate n spinkle cocca powder on them.






No comments:

Post a Comment