Sunday 10 November 2013

Old Departmental Store – Chun Bee Dept Store



 

A shop started in 1966 as a department store was slowly been forgotten. When I mention department store many will be think those air-conditional department store with pretty sales persons selling all sorts of items. Chun Bee Dept Store is a shop at Circuit Road neighbourhood during its days many parents will bring their children there to buy new shoes and bag before school term begins.


With the appearance of big departmental store, people start to frequent Chun Bee Dept store less. The old couple open shop everyday just to pass time.

 Look at the vintage cabinets, it have been there since 1966.  






 Vintage lighter wrapped to preserve the glory.


Wow, this is foundation powder, my grandma used this type long time ago.


Vintage safe box! Never see it before. WOW.


My eyes sparkle when I saw the bowl!!! I have been looking for it, a vintage bowl. In 1960 / 1970, company LiLing started to manufacture this table tennis series of porcelain cutlery. That is the big bowl I am looking for! WHAT?!!! NOT FOR SALES!!!! L.


Left that shop feeling happy and sad. Happy I get to see vintage items, sad I did not get to buy the bowl.

Address: Blk 78 Circuit Road

No comments:

Post a Comment